There are lots of reasons to remove tree stumps.
They look bad, attract unwanted pests, get in the way of your lawnmower, and can even be hazardous. Heaven forbid you trip over an old stump. Super frustrating.
Enter the mighty stump grinder, here to save the day!
We have portable grinders that can access most any stump.
Our machines will grind the stump to below ground level, which means you can replant over the spot where the stump used to exist.
Some quick notes about our grinders:
- We usually grind 4-6 inches below grade, but we can go deeper if you would like.
- These machines are heavy. They do mat down the grass on dry soil and leave ruts on soggy soil. If this is not acceptable, we may be able to use weight dispersing mats to minimize turf damage.
- Our grinders cannot go up stairs, over walls, or up very steep hills.
- They are 36” wide, which can be a problem for some gates.
- We leave the stump shavings in place. They are perfect for decorative ground cover, the garden or compost pile, or in a dog kennel. If you would like for us to remove the shavings, just let us know and we will be sure to include this as part of the job.
If you have stumps you want to get rid of, give us a ring and let’s chat!
Or if you are in a hurry, email us a couple of pictures and we can usually provide a quote without having to meet you in person.