We deliver exceptional tree care services and use our success to create positive impact for our employees, community, and planet.
- Be safe at all times
- Do the right thing
- Thirst for knowledge
- Share your knowledge
- Exceed expectations
- Show that you care
We go nuts over trees. We drive our friends and family crazy, constantly stopping to admire or comment on every tree we encounter.
We love caring for trees and we believe that there is inherent goodness in doing so. They are the bones, heart and soul of a healthy ecology. They clean our air, water, and soil. They provide us with food, shelter, and medicine. They make us happier, healthier and wealthier. They are an ancient, invaluable species on our planet, the full extent of their value and capabilities yet unknown.
But is it enough for us to simply care for trees?
We live in a time when average wages for middle and low income earners have stayed flat over the last 40 years. Meanwhile, costs have been rising. Wealth in the middle class has eroded away. Low income classes never had any wealth to begin with. The rise of industrialization, globalization, and modern technology have come at a cost: community has all but disappeared, and with it have gone critical social safety nets. Over 25% of Americans have no close friends in whom to confide.
Meanwhile, on Planet Earth, we are in trouble.
- We are losing biodiversity at breakneck speed.
- Over 10,000 species become extinct every year, including plants, insects, birds and mammals.
- Half of the world’s top soil has been eroded away over the last 150 years.
- Yet it takes 500 years for one inch of top soil to form.
- Only 3% of the world’s water is drinkable.
- Two-thirds of the world’s population will face water shortages by 2025, at current rates of water use and freshwater pollution.
- We are deforesting our planet at an alarming rate.
- We cut over 50,000 acres of forest down each year.
- The list goes on...
People are hurting. And so is our planet.
We can complain, point fingers at our politicians and leaders, blame others, or shove our heads into the sand. But these problems are not going away and will only get worse.
We need solutions, change, and leadership by example.
Who better to do this than businesses, especially since we are responsible for many of these issues? At this junction in history, businesses have the remarkable opportunity to lead the world to a better place. We owe it to our employees, clients, communities, and planet to do the right thing.
At Leaf & Limb, we will answer this call.
We believe it is our responsibility to improve the lives of employees and clients, strengthen communities, and conserve our planet’s resources and beauty. We invite you to join us on this quest.