Here are our terms and conditions, which apply to each job, unless otherwise noted:
It is agreed by and between Leaf & Limb and the authorizing party (customer and/or customer’s agent) that the following provisions are made as part of this contract:
- Insurance by Contractor: Leaf & Limb warrants that it is insured for liability resulting from injury to person(s) or property and that all employees are covered by Workers’ Compensation as required by law. Certificates of coverage are available upon request.
- Completion of Contract: Leaf & Limb agrees to do its best to meet any agreed upon performance dates, but shall not be liable in damages or otherwise for delays because of inclement weather, labor, or any other cause beyond its control; nor shall the authorizing party be relieved of completion for delays.
- Tree Ownership: The authorizing party warrants that all trees listed are located on the authorizing party’s property, and, if not, that the authorizing party has received full permission from the owner to allow Leaf & Limb to perform the specified work. Should any tree be mistakenly identified as to ownership, the authorizing party agrees to indemnify Leaf & Limb for any damages or costs incurred from the result thereof.
- Safety: Leaf & Limb warrants that all arboricultural operations will follow the latest version of the ANSI Z133.1 industry safety standards. The authorizing party agrees to not enter the work area during arboricultural operations unless authorized by the crew leader on-site.
- ANSI A300: ANSI A300 are voluntary industry consensus standards based on current research and sound practice for writing specifications to manage trees, shrubs, and other woody plants. Our work done in accordance with ANSI A300 Tree Care Standards, unless otherwise noted.
- Concealed Contingencies: Any additional work or equipment required to complete the project, caused by the authorizing party’s failure to make known or caused by previously unknown foreign material in the trunk, the branches, underground, or any other condition not apparent in estimating the work specified, shall be paid for by the authorizing party on a time and material basis. Leaf & Limb is not responsible for damages to underground sprinklers, drain lines, invisible fences, underground cables, or any other hidden/unknown system(s) unless the system(s) are adequately and accurately mapped by the authorizing party and a copy is presented before the work is performed.
- Driveways/Sidewalks: Leaf & Limb will attempt to minimize any damage to driveways and sidewalks. But in the event that our equipment causes settling, cracking, or other damage to driveways and/or sidewalks, then repairs are not included in the contract price. Leaf & Limb is not responsible for damages to driveways, sidewalks, and other hardscapes.
- Clean-up: Clean-up shall include removing wood, removing brush, and raking of the entire area affected by the specified work, unless noted otherwise on the proposal.
- Lawn Repair: Leaf & Limb will attempt to minimize all disturbances to the authorizing party’s lawn. Lawn repairs are not included in the contract price, unless noted otherwise on this proposal. Leaf & Limb is not responsible for damages to lawn, turf, and other yard landscaping.
- Terms of Payment: Unless otherwise noted in this proposal, the authorizing party agrees to pay the account in full within 30 days of work completion. Failure to remit full payment within the payment term may result in a finance charge of 5.00% per month.
- Media Release: Leaf & Limb occasionally takes pictures and records video and/or sound during particular jobs to be used for training and promotional purposes. The authorizing party grants Leaf & Limb, the right to use, publish, and reproduce pictures, video, and sound recordings in any and all media formats for any and all purposes. In addition, the authorizing party waives the right to receive any payment from Leaf & Limb for use of this media.
- Permits: Unless we have been contracted to do so, or it was agreed upon as part of the scope of a project, we will not be responsible for obtaining permits. You will need to do this. This is something we are able to do for you, but it will require additional fees for the permits.