Do you care about trees because you love our planet?
Do you want to increase the health and population of trees to overcome pressing environmental issues and restore the balance of life on Earth?
Do you resonate with the following?
- Trees are one of Nature’s most powerful tools for creating a healthy planet.
- Diversity is essential for the well-being of life on Earth.
- By achieving good for all life and being stewards of our shared resources, we attain a brighter future for all.
- Whether caring for a tree or caring for our planet, Nature’s systems work best. Our role is to foster these systems.
- Do you pride yourself on exceeding expectations, soaking up knowledge, doing the right thing, educating others, and showing that you care whether people are watching or not?
- Healthy, plentiful trees create happy people and a vibrant planet.
We are always looking for new folks to join our team! Even if you know nothing about trees, that is A-OK. We will teach you everything you need to know. We are most often looking for people to join our tree care crews, though we do have other positions open from time to time.
If you are interested in joining a crew to become a tree care expert, here is some more information about this position:
- No prior experience is necessary. We will teach you everything you need to know.
- We will provide extensive training on everything related to caring for trees, including the following topics: climbing trees, pruning, planting trees, building healthy soil, tree biology, insects, diseases, abiotic disorders, tree diagnostics, tree/shrub identification, and so much more.
- Our core curriculum will span 7-10 years. By the end, you will be a well-rounded tree expert with knowledge of regenerative practices that will help heal the planet.
- Advanced levels of our training program include mentorship, research, presenting findings, and teaching classes.
- Starting pay is $18/hour + benefits. By the time you reach the end of our training program, you will earn $35/hour + benefits.
- You will receive frequent raises based on completing training objectives.
- We begin each day at 6:45am, we typically work in teams of two, and we usually end each day between 3:30 and 5pm pending work load.
- Our benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, retirement, paid time off, unlimited unpaid time off, and other fun perks.
Typical tasks include things like:
- Climbing trees using ropes, pulleys, and other gear. This is similar to rock climbing, but with more safeguards in place.
- Pruning tree branches aloft (after climbing into the canopy) and from the ground.
- Pruning shrubs.
- Using power tools such as chainsaws, blowers, and hedge trimmers.
- Using machinery like chippers, sprayer units, air compressors, and mini skid steers.
- Using non-mechanized tools such as loppers, pole saws, ropes, saws, and so forth.
- Planting trees.
- Performing maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Injecting liquid compost into the soil.
- Using high-powered air tools to rehabilitate unhealthy soils.
- Making compost, compost tea, biochar, and other healthy products for trees.
- Using GIS survey equipment to identify and locate the GPS position of trees.
- Driving trucks.
- Clean up debris using chippers, rakes, and blowers.
- Identify and treat various pest issues on plants, in a way that preserves the health of the ecosystem.
- Learning and training on a daily basis.
- Diagnose plant disorders.
- Attending classes and lectures on the first Friday of every month on a variety of tree care topics.
If you want to work with trees, care about our planet, like what you read above, and want to join our team, let's begin a conversation!
The next step is to click the button below to begin our job application. If you are applying for a position other than with a tree care crew, please also include some information about what you role you desire. In addition - and this applies for all candidates - please feel free to send us your resume, cover letter, and any other supporting documents you want to include.